Quick & Easy Raw Soup Recipes
This is for all the beauties without a juicer, that want to reap the benefits of veggie juice… and love raw foods.
I eat raw soup a few times a week, and usually make up different recipes as I go along. I ended up with the below concoction that is marvelously easy to whip up and go. Packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants, this raw soup provides you with both energy and beauty benefits.
You can add and remove ingredients based on what’s in your fridge or your preferred tastes, but here’s my usual go to – Raw Carrot & Ginger Soup
In your blender combine:
- 1 cup of raw carrot juice (if you don’t have a juicer, but it from your local health food store, pre-juiced)
- 1.5 cups of raw organic spinach
- 1 stalk of organic celery
- 1 stalk of organic kale or collard (or both)
- 5 organic cherry tomatoes (if you like it sweet) or 1 organic vine ripened tomato
- 1/2 an avacado
- 1 clove or garlic OR 1/4 of a red onion
- 1 cube of ginger
- 1 tsp of tumeric
- Splash of Bragg’s liquid aminos
- Sprinkle of Cayenne Pepper
Slam it through your blender and enjoy a raw savoury soup – great for the summer, although I like my raw soups year round.
Feel like adding some more super-foods? Put in a teaspoon of Maca powder, your favourite greens supplement or maybe some kelp.
Feel like a bit more flavour, try some fennel, or add in spices from your cupboard. Get creative!
If it is a hot summer day, you may want some more cooling foods – think cucumber, instead of ginger.
Try this delicious raw cucumber & mango soup:
Squeeze of fresh lime juice
1/4 of a red onion
2 tbs of fresh cilantro
1 seedless cucumber
1/2 a mango (peeled and pitted)
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1/4 cup of water (if you prefer a thinner consistency)
Chill in the fridge for 1/2 an hour, then enjoy on the patio.
Making raw soup is great when you are in a rush to make a lunch in the morning – just pack it in a “to go” cup and throw it in the fridge when you get to work or enjoy on a hot summers day.