Glass Straws from Glass Dharma
Posted on June 15 2015
I have posted a few times about my favorite Matcha Green Tea cashew milk latte’s, however, this post comes with an added bonus, 10% off all Glass Dharma glass straws! I ordered these glass straws about a month ago and they are for sure one of my top 10 favorite finds ever, making it super easy to eliminate plastic straws for once and for all. Before this Organic Bunny site, I had no idea that plastic straws were even bad for me, but thanks to my followers, I have now been informed of the hidden dangers in plastic and have decided to dump it for good.
Reasons I gave up Plastic Straws-
- Each day humans use 500,000,000 plastic straws, that’s right, five hundred million!
- Straws usually end up in the ocean where they slowly degrade into a toxic mess or are consumed by confused organisms.
- In the last 25 years, over 6 million straws and drink stirs were removed from beaches during annual cleanups.
- More than 90% of all trash in the world’s oceans is plastic which is considered the most detrimental man-made item in the oceans.
- Plastic straws can only be used once, as they can easily melt and leak toxic chemicals onto other dishes when washed.
- Straws are made from the petroleum bi-product polypropylene, which is essentially the same stuff that fuels our cars, and to think we then put this in our mouth?
- When plastic does begin to degrade, it releases harmful toxins that pollute our aquatic ecosystems and ultimately destroys our environment, as well as the seafood many consume.
- Over 1,000,000 seabirds fall victim to plastic consumption annually. Straws can easily be picked up, maneuvered, and swallowed, blocking the airway of birds and causing them to choke.
Overall, plastic is terrible for us, our health, our animals, and our environment so, one by one, the more people that refuse to use plastic the better. All of the information above was from One Green Planet.
A Safer Alternative?
So, what do you use instead if you are an avid straw user like I am? Glass straws of course! These glass straws by Glass Dharma are so amazing, I love using mine every single day! Not only are these straws a much safer choice for everyone, they are also super easy to clean and come with a lifetime warranty, you can’t really beat that!
Matcha Green Tea Latte-
And for those of you interested in the best Matcha Green Tea Latte, here is the recipe below! Simply pour all ingredients into a blender, blend, serve over ice & enjoy!
- 1 cup of Homemade Organic Cashew Milk
- 1 cup of Filtered Water
- 2- 3 Organic Medjool Dates, adjust to desired sweetness.
- 2 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 serving of Matcha Green Tea powder, I use Matcha Ninja, and code organicbunny takes $5 off!
- 1 cup of Filtered Ice