As many of you know by now, for the past 4-5 months I have been dealing with dermatitis, both under my right eye as well as along the bottom of my right jawline. I really have never had skin issues before in my life, so figuring out what the heck was going on was at the top of my to-do list. At first, I really thought I just had hormonal acne, as many others probably do, but after some online research and speaking with dermatitis specialists, I quickly realized I had regular dermatitis under my eye and perioral dermatitis on my chin. Gross. All I wanted was for it to go away, but the more I learned, the more I realized this would be a long journey and the only way to really beat this was to stick to a new routine and to not give up!
Because my skin is finally clearing up, I wanted to quickly share with you what I have been using. I do not have too much time today to get into what dermatitis is, but here is a good article on it if you want to see if you might have the same thing I did. Sarah, the CEO of Osmia Organics has become an expert in this area, and considering she is a Doctor as well, this is a great video and article done by her on Perioral Dermatitis.
Skin Care I am using to beat Dermatitis-
- Black Clay Facial Soap– I use this only once a day on the problem areas, this can be drying so adjust use depending on how your skin takes this. Get the soap wet, lather and massage in for about one minute then rinse well.
- Purely Simple Face Cream– I am obsessed with this lotion, seriously it’s all I use now! It is so soothing and light while still hydrating my dry skin. This is ideal for sensitive skin as it has only a tiny amount of essential oils. Perioral Dermatitis prefers to be left alone so I used this more on my eye and lighter over my chin area.
- Spot Treatment– Whenever my bumps got bad, I would apply a small amount of this to the irritated area overnight. This can be used 3-5 times a day to heal flaky or inflamed skin, however, you do not want to apply to your entire face, just the problem areas! This really helped kill bacteria and diminish blemishes quicker.
Hormone Balancers that have helped!
- Barlean’s Evening Primrose Oil– This Organic, Cold-Pressed, Unrefined Primrose Oil is known for its high content of a special fatty acid called Gamma-Linolenic Acid. If you’re low on GLA, this can cause hormones to act crazy which is where these come in handy. These are amazing for healthier skin, nails, hair, hormone balance, mood control, acne, a healthy metabolism, and much more! These are awesome, must have supplements, especially for anyone coming off Birth Control. Wondering what else these help with, simply read the rave reviews on how they’ve helped women’s hormone imbalances!
- Oona PMS1– This is a hormone-free blend of natural herbs that helps with PMS issues like irritability, mood swings, bloating, sore breasts, and more. This really, really does help balance my emotions out, I no longer cry hysterically during that time of the month, although, I am sure I will eventually have little breakdowns, this has helped calm them down a ton! My cramps aren’t entirely gone but they are not de-habilitating as they usually are.
Things I Removed from My Diet-
- Processed Sugar
- Makeup as often as possible, keep the areas clean!
- Hot water and oils- Dermatitis hates both.
- Stress- This must be managed, as it’s a huge trigger.
- All SLS in toothpaste, shampoos & products.
Before and After-
As you can see before all of this, my skin was so, so, so irritated and upset. It’s taken me about 3 months of all of the above and I am finally seeing it calm down. While it’s not 100% clear, I know it’s on its way! I hope the above tips helped and please, if you have any specifics just shoot me an email.
If you do want to try any of the Osmia Organics products, I now carry them in my online store. <SHOP>